[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: issue PROCLAIM-ETC-IN-COMPILE-FILE
- To: franz!fiseqs!feast!smh@ucbarpa.Berkeley.EDU (Steven M. Haflich)
- Subject: Re: issue PROCLAIM-ETC-IN-COMPILE-FILE
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Sandra J Loosemore)
- Date: Tue, 4 Apr 89 07:46:47 MDT
- Cc: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: franz!fiseqs!feast!smh@ucbarpa.Berkeley.EDU (Steven M. Haflich), Tue, 4 Apr 89 00:12:51 EST
> Although few people liked DEFPROCLAIM, I advocate reconsideration.
> The suggested alternatives appearing at top level of a file are
> neither clear nor do they evince any connection with related forms in
> the language.
I'm inclined to agree. It doesn't appear that any of the alternatives
we've considered are clearly "the right thing" that we can all agree
on, and DEFPROCLAIM is really not all that bad. I'd rather not waste
a lot more time on arguing over such a relatively minor issue.