[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: issue PROCLAIM-ETC-IN-COMPILE-FILE
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org (Sandra J Loosemore)
- Subject: Re: issue PROCLAIM-ETC-IN-COMPILE-FILE
- From: Rob.MacLachlan@WB1.CS.CMU.EDU
- Date: Wed, 05 Apr 89 11:06:13 EDT
- Cc: franz!fiseqs!feast!smh@ucbarpa.Berkeley.EDU (Steven M. Haflich), email@example.com
- In-reply-to: Your message of Tue, 04 Apr 89 07:46:47 -0600. <8904041346.AA18918@defun.utah.edu>
Although I hate to be caught arguing about names, I'll put in my two cents.
There is nothing particularly good about the name "PROCLAIM": it ended up
as the way to make a global declaration after it was decided that DECLARE
couldn't be used. If PROCLAIM is going to be deprecated, then consistency
with proclaim is unimportant.
I suggest GLOBAL-DECLARE or DECLARE-GLOBALLY.