[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue COMPILER-DIAGNOSTICS, v7
- To: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Subject: Re: Issue COMPILER-DIAGNOSTICS, v7
- From: David N Gray <Gray@DSG.csc.ti.com>
- Date: Mon, 9 Jan 89 17:40:20 CST
- Cc: CL-Compiler@SAIL.Stanford.EDU
- In-reply-to: Msg of Wed, 4 Jan 89 23:15 EST from Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Sender: GRAY@Kelvin.csc.ti.com
> btw, i've been thinking more about the lispm's NOTIFY and i'm starting to
> feel uncomfortable about using it as a model, and hence about using the
> names NOTIFY and NOTIFICATION.
I agree that this is not really relevant. The compiler messages we are
talking about are things you would want written to the window the
compiler is running in, rather than having them pop up on top of whatever
window is currently exposed.