[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue CONSTANT-MODIFICATION, version 2
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Issue CONSTANT-MODIFICATION, version 2
- From: Jeff Dalton <jeff%aiai.edinburgh.ac.uk@NSS.Cs.Ucl.AC.UK>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jan 89 00:39:18 GMT
- In-reply-to: Sandra J Loosemore's message of Sat, 7 Jan 89 10:33:56 MST
> Disallowing modification of constants consistently in all situations,
> rather than just in compiled code, is proposed because in some
> compiled-only situations it may be difficult to distinguish between
> "compiled" and "interpreted" code.
But why can't constants be modified in compiled code? It seems clear
that they could be, so there must be some reasons why they aren't
always modifiable, and those are the real reasons.