[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
report from Kauai meeting
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: report from Kauai meeting
- From: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jan 89 02:54:36 PST
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: Sandra J Loosemore's message of Fri, 20 Jan 89 13:59:12 MST <8901202059.AA17344@defun.utah.edu>
re: CONSTANT-COMPILABLE-TYPES (v5)
The next version of the proposal probably won't require readtables to
be compilable, but there is still debate about interpreted functions.
Well, we did squeak in an amendment to the EQUAL-STRUCTURE fiasco that
said EQUALP will descend hash-tables using the "rule of Rose". So why
don't we let them be compilable now?
Conversely, defstruct instances got retracted to comparison by EQ,
simply because of the lack of a generic EQUAL and EQUALP proposal.
Similarly, non-built-in defstruct instances will probably have to be
compiled out via the mechanisms of the LOAD-OBJECTS proposal, since their
semantics are now becoming thoroughly intermixed with clos instances
-- JonL --