[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: issue CONSTANT-CIRCULAR-COMPILATION, version 4
- To: David N Gray <Gray%dsg.csc.ti.com@NSS.Cs.Ucl.AC.UK>, sandra <@cs.utah.edu:sandra@defun>
- Subject: Re: issue CONSTANT-CIRCULAR-COMPILATION, version 4
- From: Jeff Dalton <jeff%aiai.edinburgh.ac.uk@NSS.Cs.Ucl.AC.UK>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jan 89 20:48:20 GMT
- Cc: Cris Perdue <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: David N Gray's message of Fri, 13 Jan 89 16:43:25 CST
> > Plus, what happens if you try to coalesce a constant in created one
> > place where *DUMP-CIRCLE* was true with one that was created in
> > another place where *DUMP-CIRCLE* was false?
> Assuming the compile-time evaluation happens in the first pass, then
> subsequent passes will see the flag as being either true or false for
> the entire file.
Seems a bit strange to me.