[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue ALLOW-LOCAL-INLINE (V2)
- To: David N Gray <Gray@DSG.csc.ti.com>
- Subject: Re: Issue ALLOW-LOCAL-INLINE (V2)
- From: email@example.com (Sandra J Loosemore)
- Date: Thu, 27 Oct 88 16:31:01 MDT
- Cc: CL-Compiler@SAIL.Stanford.edu
- In-reply-to: David N Gray <Gray@DSG.csc.ti.com>, Thu, 27 Oct 88 15:33:53 CDT
I like the general direction here, but I have a minor gripe about the
writeup. Namely, the problem description section doesn't really seem
to be describing the problem the proposal addresses. As I understand it,
the problem is really that INLINE does two things:
(1) It tells the compiler to do extra things when it sees the
function -definition-, to make it possible to code the function
(2) It tells the compiler to code -calls- to the function inline.
and you want to clarify how to get the first behavior without the second.