[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: LOAD-TIME-EVAL (Version 9)
- To: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Subject: Re: Issue: LOAD-TIME-EVAL (Version 9)
- From: David N Gray <Gray@DSG.csc.ti.com>
- Date: Wed, 25 Jan 89 17:44:55 CST
- Cc: Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, email@example.com, CL-Compiler@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: Msg of Wed, 25 Jan 89 17:35 EST from Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Sender: GRAY@Kelvin.csc.ti.com
> I think if you look again at my #2 it has the property you're alluding to,
> since the repeat calls to EVAL constitute effectively distinct calls to
Oops; you're right - that is a problem.
I understand your concern about this point, but it doesn't look to me to
be any worse than what can already happen with displacing macros. I could
probably be persuaded that displacing macros should be outlawed, but that
should be a separate issue.