[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: issue CONSTANT-CIRCULAR-COMPILATION, version 4
- To: KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- Subject: Re: issue CONSTANT-CIRCULAR-COMPILATION, version 4
- From: cperdue@Sun.COM (Cris Perdue)
- Date: Thu, 26 Jan 89 10:27:37 PST
- Cc: cl-compiler%clam@Sun.COM
> ... One could add an option to QUOTE as an alternative, e.g.:
> (QUOTE (A B C) :CIRCULAR NIL)
> or something like that. ...
> I don't think I buy this idea, but I do admit to getting quite a
> chuckle out of it. It's very original. . . .
In my opinion Kent's note does not address the main issues.
In no case do I see any need for an explicit option in most constants.
As a language user I don't feel a need for any options. It's
fine with me if we can simply allow all constants to be circular.
If something is needed, let's try to provide it.