[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
draft of alternate proposal for EVAL-WHEN-NON-TOP-LEVEL
- To: Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- Subject: draft of alternate proposal for EVAL-WHEN-NON-TOP-LEVEL
- From: Eric Benson <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 7 Mar 89 09:21:49 PST
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- In-reply-to: David A. Moon's message of Tue, 7 Mar 89 12:08 EST <19890307170826.9.MOON@EUPHRATES.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 89 12:08 EST
From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
(3) Define a ``top-level form'' as follows:
- Each form read by COMPILE-FILE from the input file is a top-level
- Forms within the body of a top-level PROGN, EVAL-WHEN, or
COMPILER-LET are also top-level forms.
Should we include forms within the body of a top-level MACROLET? This
seems reasonable. What about LOCALLY? This also seems reasonable,
modulo the question of whether LOCALLY is a macro or a special form.
Is this a slippery slope?