[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
draft of alternate proposal for EVAL-WHEN-NON-TOP-LEVEL
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: draft of alternate proposal for EVAL-WHEN-NON-TOP-LEVEL
- From: Eric Benson <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 7 Mar 89 09:40:29 PST
- Cc: Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- In-reply-to: Sandra J Loosemore's message of Tue, 7 Mar 89 10:29:19 MST <8903071729.AA07705@defun.utah.edu>
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Sandra J Loosemore)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 89 10:29:19 MST
LOCALLY is still a sticky issue. I tend to agree with JonL that since
it can add things like SPECIAL declarations to the environment, its
body should never be considered toplevel.
What's wrong with adding SPECIAL declarations? Why is it different
from adding local macros or symbol macros?