[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Sandra J Loosemore <email@example.com>
- Subject: issue CLOS-MACRO-COMPILATION
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Thu, 9 Mar 89 20:04 EST
- Cc: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <8903100017.AA10108@defun.utah.edu>
- Line-fold: No
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 89 17:17:22 MST
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Sandra J Loosemore)
Have you made any progress yet on settling on your new model of how
the CLOS defining macros work?
I didn't get a chance to talk with Gregor when he was here a couple
days ago, but I have made some progress on this myself. However, it's
not ready to show to anyone yet.
I have opened a new cl-compiler issue,
CLOS-MACRO-COMPILATION, for this, but I don't yet have a proposal.
(Or even a problem statement written down, for that matter.) I am
planning to distribute the rest of our issues to X3J13 early next
week and would like to have at least a draft ready by then. If you
don't think that's possible, I will have to say in our report that
we need an extension to get this issue resolved.
What I'm doing won't be ready to show to X3J13 that soon. However,
assuming that eval-when is settled now, I don't think what I'm doing
will have any effect on X3J13 as it should be all at the metaobject
level. I guess I won't know that for sure until I'm done.