[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Handler binding environment
- To: Daniels.PA@Xerox.COM, CL-Error-Handling@SU-AI.ARPA
- Subject: Handler binding environment
- From: Kent M Pitman <KMP@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA>
- Date: Tue, 1 Apr 86 02:27 EST
- In-reply-to: <860324-181632-1736@Xerox>
Date: 24 Mar 86 18:16:26 PST (Monday)
From: Daniels.PA at Xerox.COM
What handler bindings are in effect while a handler is running?
There is an important invariant in the Symbolics and similar error
systems: when a handler is running the "handler binding stack" is popped
back to just after the binding that caused that handler to be called.
Nothing like this is mentioned in the proposal. I think it should be.
Yes, this was intended and is just not made explicit in the proposal. I'll make
sure it gets into the next draft.
ps Sorry for the delay in responding. Symbolics was off the network for a week
and mail from the outside got all backed up.