[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Questions about error handling
- To: cl-error-handling@SU-AI.ARPA
- Subject: Questions about error handling
- From: LANDER%cs.umass.edu@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA
- Date: Fri, 27 Jun 86 09:51 EST
I am working on an implementation of the error processing routines and
have a few questions about things that are hazy in the proposal.
1. What does condition-case do if a condition is signalled during the
execution of its form which is not handled by an intervening handler
and for which there is no appropriate clause?
2. When signalling, the order handlers are tried is stated as:
a) Check for locally bound handlers.
b) If no appropriate bound handler is found, check for the default
handler first of the signalled type and then of each of its
When checking for locally bound handlers, should you check for
handlers which are bound to the condition type only, or should you also
check for handlers which are bound to an ancestor of the condition