[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
need to get CLX & CLUE working on a sun4 running lucid lisp
We need to get CLX & CLUE working on a sun4 running Sun (Lucid) Common
1) We need to get the current version. We have the version on X11R3
distribution tapes (1.12 or something). Where can we get updates
or the new version? I have access to the internet.
2) Has anyone got CLUE working on Sun (Lucid) lisp? We have version
2.2.1. CLX seems to work ok, but CLUE has several problems, most
of which I would attribute to the compiler/interpreter.
- examples/valuators.lisp does not compile. No apparent reason.
- compiler-let does not work as expected (defmethod expands to
with-slots expects to find the type of the argument in a variable
set by compiler-let, but at least in interpreted code the variable
is no longer bound when the macros inside the defun are expanded.
However, this construct seems to work sometimes, perhaps in compiled
code. Only we cannot compile all files.
- resource.lisp works differently when compiled or interpreted.
In particular, the convert generic function does not work properly
when calling itself recursively in compiled code; however,
interpreted code works ok.
Are these problems with CLUE, or are these compiler problems? Would
updating to lisp version 3.0 help? I understand lucid has been using
at least CLX with their lisp.
- where can I get the current versions of CLX and CLUE?
- do they work with Sun (Lucid) Common lisp version 2.2.1?
- do they work with version 3.0?
Thanks in advance.
Tatu Yloenen Helsinki University of Technology, Helsinki, Finland.