[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
New CLISP version
- To: clisp-list
- Subject: New CLISP version
- From: haible (Bruno Haible)
- Date: Sat, 20 Mar 93 00:05:12 +0100
There is a new version of CLISP at the usual place:
The list of supported platforms now include Amiga 3000/4000 and Atari TT.
The installation procedure on Unix is now simpler.
>From the change log:
User visible changes
* Replaced variable *TEMPFILE* by a function EDITOR-TEMPFILE.
* Unix version: Corrected detection of ANSI C header files.
* Unix version: Check whether signal handlers are automatically reinstalled
* Made readline library ANSI C compliant and (on Unix) auto-configuring.
* In case there is no room for three extra bits in a symbol pointer,
allocate three stack words per binding in a VAR frame (instead of two stack
words). This completes the Amiga 3000/4000 version.
* Completed memory model SPVW_PURE_BLOCKS: There is a large contiguous memory
area for each kind of Lisp object. This model is used only if memory can
be allocated at prescribed addresses, for example on Unix with mmap().
* More 386BSD support.
* Remove limit on the number of files that may be specified on the command
line. Limit was 1000.
* Miscellaneous documentation updates.