[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Problem with Garnet!
- To: P2043742@csdvax.csd.unsw.EDU.AU
- Subject: Re: Problem with Garnet!
- From: email@example.com (Douglas Ambrisko)
- Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1993 18:58:34 -0800 (PDT)
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <01H0T4WQ955E8WWIBG@csdvax.csd.unsw.EDU.AU> from "P2043742@csdvax.csd.unsw.EDU.AU" at Jul 21, 93 03:25:31 pm
| Dear CLISP users,
| I've just built garnet on SGI IRIS INDIGO (IRIX Release 4.0.5F System V)
| and everything went just fine. The problem came when I wanted to use it. I
| wanted to test it with the demos supplied with the system but every time I
| try to type the commands listed in tourcommands.lsp I get the following
| error message.
| *** - UNIX error 9 (EBADF): Bad file number
I just grabbed the clisp versin of garnet and built it. I hit the same
problem with the "saveinitmem" oni a DEC alpha box . The problem
is that garnet assumes you do a load of all compiled modules including
opal/defs which calls "initialize-x11-values". So a work-around that
I'm doing now is to load the "saveinitmem" version then loading opal/defs.
Everything seems to works except for the "subseq" problem where
(subseq "hello" 3 nil) bombs. I ended up modifying the clisp source to
make it work.