[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
New CLISP version
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: New CLISP version
- From: haible (Bruno Haible)
- Date: Sun, 22 Aug 93 19:50:25 +0200
Once more, there is a new version of CLISP at the usual place:
Excerpt from the change log:
* Changed bytecode format. All .fas files generated by previous CLISP versions
are invalid and must be recompiled.
User visible changes
* X3J13 vote <12> is partially implemented: Native CLOS. New package CLOS
containing the macros
DEFCLASS, DEFMETHOD, DEFGENERIC, GENERIC-FUNCTION, GENERIC-FLET,
GENERIC-LABELS, WITH-SLOTS, WITH-ACCESSORS,
FIND-CLASS, (SETF FIND-CLASS), CLASS-OF, CLASS-NAME, (SETF CLASS-NAME),
SLOT-VALUE, SLOT-BOUNDP, SLOT-MAKUNBOUND, SLOT-EXISTS-P,
NO-APPLICABLE-METHOD, NO-PRIMARY-METHOD, NO-NEXT-METHOD,
FIND-METHOD, ADD-METHOD, REMOVE-METHOD, COMPUTE-APPLICABLE-METHODS,
METHOD-QUALIFIERS, FUNCTION-KEYWORDS, SLOT-MISSING, SLOT-UNBOUND,
PRINT-OBJECT, DESCRIBE-OBJECT, MAKE-INSTANCE, INITIALIZE-INSTANCE,
STANDARD-CLASS, STRUCTURE-CLASS, BUILT-IN-CLASS, STANDARD-OBJECT,
STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION, STANDARD-METHOD and all predefined classes,
and the method combination
See impnotes.txt for details. X3J13 vote <13> is implemented, too.
* X3J13 vote <63> is implemented: DESCRIBE receives the output stream as
optional argument. New function CLOS:DESCRIBE-OBJECT.
* X3J13 vote <149> is implemented: The second argument to SUBSEQ may now
be NIL. Thanks to Thomas Kirk.
* X3J13 vote <175> is implemented: TAILP now also works on dotted lists.
* X3J13 vote <124> is implemented: (DECLARE (OPTIMIZE (DEBUG ...))) is legal.
* The type specifier (EQL object), a synonym for (MEMBER object), is now
* New DEFSTRUCT option :INHERIT which is exactly like :INCLUDE except that it
doesn't create new accessors for the inherited slots. Use this option to
avoid the problems that occur when using the same :CONC-NAME for the new
and the inherited structure.
* Fixed EXPORT and USE-PACKAGE: Don't signal a name conflict between the
symbol being exported and a symbol accessible in the using package if
the latter symbol is on the list of shadowing symbols of the using package.
* Fixed VECTOR-PUSH-EXTEND. It now works on vectors of dimension 0 and
* Fixed PRINT-UNREADABLE-OBJECT: Don't output adjacent spaces.
* Fixed a bug in the reader that caused an endless loop or endless recursion
when resolving #n=/#n# references in objects that already contained cyclic
data structures, e.g. when reading (#1=a #.'#2=(b . #2#) #1#).
* Fixed a bogus error message in the complex number reader.
* The DOS README explains how to run CLISP in the DOS box of Microsoft
Windows. Thanks to Ralf Muschall.
* Added Sinix support. Thanks to Manfred Weichel.
* Improved installation on OS/2.
* A function proclaimed INLINE will be taken inline in a wider set of
circumstances. (Previously INLINE worked only when that function was being
used in the same file or in a file that REQUIREd the file defining the
* The compiler now produces better code for (APPLY (FUNCTION fun) args).
* Changed the default memory size from 2 megabytes to 2.5 megabytes.
* Miscellaneous documentation updates.