[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
New CLISP version
- To: clisp-list
- Subject: New CLISP version
- From: haible (Bruno Haible)
- Date: Mon, 27 Sep 93 14:27:20 +0100
Once more, there is a new version of CLISP at the usual place:
Excerpt from the change log:
User visible changes
* COMPILE-FILE now handles top-level forms as described in CLtL2 p. 90:
The macroexpansion of a top-level form is considered a top-level form.
When a top-level form is a PROGN, LOCALLY, COMPILER-LET, SYMBOL-MACROLET
or MACROLET form, the subforms of its body are considered top-level forms
too and are compiled separately.
This allows things like
(PROGN (DEFCONSTANT X 3141) (DEFUN GET-X () X))
(PROGN (DEFCLASS SHIP () ()) (DEFUN SHIP-P (X) (TYPEP X 'SHIP)))
Warning: If you want to inhibit this splitting into separate forms (for
example, because several of the forms refer to the same uninterned symbol),
you have to use (LET () (PROGN ...)) instead of (PROGN ...).
* X3J13 vote <144> is implemented: New macro DECLAIM.
* X3J13 vote <113> is implemented: The macro LOCALLY is now a special form.
* Fixed a serious bug in the compiler: When compiling functions inline
whose parameters are special variables, incorrect code could be generated.
* Fixed a bug in the compiler which caused the compiler to crash in some
rare cases, notably when compiling Garnet-2.2.
* Fixed a bug that prevented the debugger commands DOWN and BOTTOM from
working on Linux and SunOS.
* Fixed a CLOS bug: Specifying &KEY without &REST in generic function
lambda lists didn't have the desired effect.
* DEFCLASS supports both :DEFAULT-INITARGS syntaxes.
* DEFGENERIC is more tolerant about invalid declarations.
* Added Dynix/ptx Sequent support. Thanks to Esther Davis.
* Added support for RS/6000 CPU and AIX. Thanks to Gabor Herr.
* Made the memory allocation and (ROOM), (TIME ...) more virtual memory
efficient (less paging on Unix and DOS). Thanks to Don Cohen.
* Added Geoffrey Gordon's "LISP tutorial".
* Renamed stdwin.lsp to stdwin2.lsp.
* Miscellaneous documentation updates.
Binaries have been rebuilt for the following architectures:
Linux 928808 Sep 26 00:37 linux/clisp-english.tar.z
Sun4, SunOS 4 1015709 Sep 24 22:57 sun4-sunos4/clisp-english.tar.z
Atari ST 916677 Sep 17 17:01 atari/clisp.tar.z
OS/2 1109019 Sep 13 11:08 os2/clisp.zip
Sun4, Solaris 2.1 1165140 Sep 7 22:30 sun4-solaris2/clisp.tar.z