[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
New version of CLISP
- To: AI.Repository@cs.cmu.edu, email@example.com, bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU, firstname.lastname@example.org, clisp-list@ma2s2, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, tkunze@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
- Subject: New version of CLISP
- From: haible (Bruno Haible)
- Date: Wed, 26 Apr 95 01:00:19 +0200
A new version of CLISP is at the usual place, in
Full source is in the files clispsrc-*.tar.z, context diffs since the last
release are in the file clispsrc-1995-04-04-to-1995-04-25.tar.z.
Change log since 4 April 1995:
25 April 1995
User visible changes
* Michael Stoll has written a graphical user interface for CLISP under
* Added a foreign language module WILDCARD for wildcard matching.
* Added a foreign language module REGEXP for Unix-style regular expression
matching and searching.
* X3J13 vote <94> is implemented: Calling GENSYM has no side effects except
incrementing the counter. New variable *GENSYM-COUNTER*.
* New macro FORMATTER converts a FORMAT control string to a function.
* Some FORMAT fixes:
+ X3J13 vote <81> is implemented: The FORMAT ~:^ directive is more useful.
Warning: Old style "~:^" directives need to be converted to "~#:^".
+ X3J13 vote <82> is implemented: The FORMAT ~D, ~B, ~O, ~X, ~R directives
accept an optional comma-interval parameter.
+ X3J13 vote <84> is implemented: FORMAT ~C outputs characters with no bits
as if by WRITE-CHAR.
+ Handling of ~^ within the FORMAT ~? directive.
* X3J13 vote <167> is implemented: New types FILE-STREAM, SYNONYM-STREAM,
BROADCAST-STREAM, CONCATENATED-STREAM, TWO-WAY-STREAM, ECHO-STREAM,
STRING-STREAM. New functions OPEN-STREAM-P, SYNONYM-STREAM-SYMBOL,
* New condition type PRINT-NOT-READABLE.
New function PRINT-NOT-READABLE-OBJECT.
* New function FINALIZE. (FINALIZE object function) has the effect that
function will be called when object is being garbage collected.
* DRIBBLE now also redirects *ERROR-OUTPUT*, *TRACE-OUTPUT*, *QUERY-IO*,
*DEBUG-IO* if they refer to *TERMINAL-IO*.
* Calling SYMBOL-VALUE on a symbol defined as global symbol macro now returns
the value of the expansion. New function SYMBOL-MACRO-EXPAND.
* Add FFI to the *FEATURES* if the foreign language interface is present.
* Fixed a bug: An IGNORE declaration for a macro's &ENVIRONMENT argument now
has an effect.
* Fixed a couple of bugs in the foreign language interface: Passing zero size
arrays did not work, parameters with mode :OUT did not work on SPARC and
HP-PA, and some error messages were deficient.
* Fixed a bogus error message in SET-DISPATCH-MACRO-CHARACTER.
* Fixed a couple of building problems relating to the foreign language
interface (missing `mark_fp_invalid' and `pr_hex8', missing makefile
dependencies, support for --with-dynamic-modules, warnings when compiling
user2.lsp and foreign1.lsp).
* Fixed a building problem: Not all C compilers accept casts in constant
expressions used as initializers, e.g. gcc-2.5.8.
* Foreign function interface: Fixed a couple of possible bugs in the low-level
foreign function call routine for i386/486/586, m680x0, SPARC CPUs. Thanks
to Jvrg Hvhle.
* Small fixes for SCO.
* Added a utility "hln" for making hard links. Needed for "make distrib";
Solaris "ln" does not make a hard link if a symbolic link is involved.
* On some Unix systems, use "uname -m", not "arch", to determine
(MACHINE-TYPE) and (MACHINE-VERSION).
* More support for BSDI 1.0, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris.
* Changed STDWIN so that it compiles under X11R6.
* Speed up compiled calls to FORMAT with literal control string by use of
* Miscellaneous documentation updates.
New binaries have been built for SCO (finally!) and Solaris.