[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Multiple Threads in CLISP?
- To: clisp-list <email@example.com>
- Subject: Multiple Threads in CLISP?
- From: Marcus Daniels <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 13 Sep 1995 11:58:12 GMT
- In-reply-to: <199509130844.KAA01209@cadillac>
- References: <199509130844.KAA01209@cadillac>
>>>>> "Wilbur" == Wilhelm Burger <email@example.com> writes:
Wilbur> Are there any plans/intentions to implement multi-processing
Wilbur> (i.e., shallow processes, threads) in CLISP?
Not as far as I know. I've always been able to get by with IPC. For
instance, via the FFI, I've used PVM (multiple hosts/processes) with
In the next release will be `socket-streams'. It is available
in the alpha-sources now: http://sayre.sysc.pdx.edu:8001/clisp.
It should be possible to make this work with winsock, but it doesn't, yet.
> (socket-server 8001)
> (socket-accept *)
#<SOCKET-STREAM :#<SOCKET-SERVER 8001>>
> (read *)
(1 2 3)
> (socket-connect 8001)
> (princ '(1 2 3) *)
(1 2 3)