[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Building 0812 on Sun4 solaris 2.4 with gcc 2.7.0?
- To: CLISP Mailing List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Building 0812 on Sun4 solaris 2.4 with gcc 2.7.0?
- From: Raymond Toy <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1995 09:05:04 -0500
I finally got around to grabbing the 0812 version of clisp. I also
grabbed readline and regexp files too.
I followed the directions in unix/INSTALL. and ran "makmake
--with-readline --with-dynamic-ffi". However, I could quite get a
totally successful build. Here are some of the problems encountered.
1. When adding the regexp module, gcc fails because explicit is now a
keyword. In particular, see clisp.h, lispbibl.d. I got around
this by adding -Dexplicit=clisp_explicit.
2. A working lisp is produced after doing the above. However, I
can't add the regexp module. gcc says:
+ gcc -O -Dexplicit=clisp_expl -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -fomit-frame-pointer -O2 -DUNIX_BINARY_DISTRIB -DDYNAMIC_MODULES -DDYNAMIC_FFI -Iintl -DLOCALEDIR="/usr/local/lib/locale" -I/apps/public/src/lisp/08-12/clisp-1995-08-12/solaris-gcc -DMODULE=regexp -c regexp_module.cc
In file included from regexp_module.cc:16:
/apps/public/src/lisp/08-12/clisp-1995-08-12/solaris-gcc/clisp.h:2373: global register variable follows a function definition
/apps/public/src/lisp/08-12/clisp-1995-08-12/solaris-gcc/clisp.h:2373: warning: call-clobbered register used for global register variable
The relevant line in clisp.h is:
register object subr_self __asm__("%g4");
At this point I'm stuck.
3. There were various other minor problems with directories, but I,
unfortunately, did not write them down.
Any hints or pointers?