[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: CLISP 1995-12-08
- From: Marcus Daniels <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Dec 1995 09:59:59 GMT
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
There's a new release of CLISP ready.
You can get CLISP from:
(in /pub/lisp/clisp/source and /pub/lisp/clisp/binaries)
The binaries built so far are:
i386 / LinuxELF
MIPS / Irix 5.3
m68k / NEXTSTEP 3.2
Sun4m / Solaris 2.4
Sun4c / SunOS 4.1.3
Due to bandwidth problems, the NEXTSTEP build has not yet been copied
to ma2s2. The NEXTSTEP build and some other builds not available on ma2s2
are available from:
However, note the files found on this US WWW site are not necessarily aligned
with official release dates.
Some free WWW browsers:
Chimera (X Windows/non-Motif): ftp.cs.unlv.edu:/pub/chimera
Lynx (terminal): ftp2.cc.ukans.edu:/pub/lynx
Mosaic (X Windows/Motif): ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Web/Mosaic/Unix
W3 (Emacs): ftp.cs.indiana.edu:/pub/elisp/w3
OmniWeb (NEXTSTEP): ftp.cs.orst.edu:/pub/next/binaries/wide-area-info
US users may prefer:
(but there will be some delay before the files are mirrored).
8 December 1995
User visible changes
* Bug fix to prevent unbound slots from causing pathological
conflicts with the condition system. Thanks to Bruno Haible
and Heinrich Taube.
* When MAKE-PATHNAME :DIRECTORY is given a string, it is treated as
equivalent to (:ABSOLUTE string), as ANS dictates. Thanks
to Heinrich Taube for noticing this.
* Fixed a bug in the FFI where call-ins which returned structures or
unions would not compile correctly. Thanks to Michael Stoll.
* Added a <c-type>, C-PTR-NULL to the FFI. C-PTR-NULL will convert
NIL objects into NULL (so that type conflicts can be avoided).
* X3J13 vote <72> is implemented: all standard Common Lisp data objects
other than symbols and lists are self-evaluating.
Thanks to Pierpaolo Bernardi.
* SOCKET-STREAMS are implemented. See impnotes for details.
* Loop macro modified to allow sequential, list/vector-computed "FOR" values.
* Fixed a bug in the FFI which caused foreign double variables to be
incorrectly converted. Thanks to Bruno Haible and Ken Olum.
* Callbacks to code which don't respect CLISP global registers are possible.
Thanks to Bruno Haible and Ken Olum (Dec Alpha, OSF 2, FORTRAN).
* Fixed a double-float conversion routine used by the FFI.
0.0d0 wasn't dealt with properly. Thanks to Bruno Haible and Ken Olum.
* Fixed a bug in the FFI which prevented multidimensional arrays from
being used as :OUT arguments. Thanks to Ken Olum.
* Fixed a bug in the floating point number printing routine:
In rare cases, a number was printed with more digits than necessary
(without, however, violating the print-read consistency). For example,
2.1416s29 printed as 2.14159s29, and 3.002618f-31 printed as 3.0026179f-31.
Thanks to Bruno Haible.
* Fixed a bug in ATAN: (ATAN y 0) with y < 0 returned pi/2 instead of -pi/2.
Thanks to Bruno Haible.
* Fixed a bug in FORMAT which could (in very rare cases) have caused a
wrong number to be printed by the FORMAT ~F, ~G, ~$, ~E directives.
* Runs on Windows NT.
* FreeBSD/NetBSD patches and compilation notes thanks to
Douglas Crosher (email@example.com).
* Updated OS/2 support thanks to Raymond Keoni Garcia
* Remove Atari support.
* On systems where both the select system call and FIONREAD ioctl were
indicated, take select in preference. On Irix, where FIONREAD was
only apparently available, CLISP went into a `function call not
implemented' OS error loop. Symptom also could occur in Emacs (e.g. Ilisp).
* Upgraded gettext support to version 0.10. This provides locale name
aliasing like with X Windows.
* Upgraded to autoconf-2.7.
* Specify bash for makefile.developer's makemake.
Some shells may convert backslash sequences to control codes --
the prebuilt dos, os2, etc. makefiles were previously corrupted.
* The top-level CLISP `configure' can be used in a more GNU-like
fashion. Specifically, there is a `--srcdir' option, with which
`makemake' runs by default.