[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Character streams
- From: email@example.com (spoon)
- Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 01:54:05 +1100 (DST)
- In-reply-to: <199702230548.XAA19160@eeyore.cc.uic.edu> from "Bruce L. Lambert" at Feb 23, 97 07:21:17 am
Not sure whether this is a bug or I am just don't know what I
If I make a file "tst", whose contents is just the string "a b c"
and then in clisp (latest-ish version) I evaluate
(with-open-file (strm "tst" :element-type 'character)
*** - READ from #<CHAR-FILE-STREAM #"tst">: character read should be a string-char: #6\CONTROL-Space
but I was rather hoping for "A". On the other hand, cmu lisp gives
"A". But this may be wrong.
"You need as many clues as you can get as to how these things work
when you're a buffoon." - D. Row