[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: format ~/function/
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: format ~/function/
- From: Bruno Haible <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 18:18:21 +0200 (MET DST)
- >received: from halles.ilog.fr (halles.ilog.fr [172.16.1.96]) by ilog.ilog.fr (8.8.7/8.7.3) with ESMTP id SAA12458; Wed, 13 Aug 1997 18:18:22 +0200 (MET DST)
- In-reply-to: <9708138714.AA871477520@inet.stknhlg.com>
- References: <9708138714.AA871477520@inet.stknhlg.com>
> format directive ~/function/ seems not to be implemented in clisp.
> Are there any plans to implement it?
It's not implemented because it's part of the interface between the
FORMAT facility and the XP pretty printer, and in clisp, FORMAT and
pretty printing are separate and independent.
Also, personally I find the idea of putting the names of symbols into
format control strings, to be looked up at run time, disgusting. Hence
I don't plan to implement ~/functionname/.