[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Any plans for a finalize-instance method?
- To: CommonLoops.PA@Xerox.COM
- Subject: Any plans for a finalize-instance method?
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Eero Simoncelli)
- Date: Wed, 18 Jul 90 16:46:49 PDT
- Redistributed: CommonLoops.PA
Are there any plans to incorporate a "finalize-instance" method
(complementing the initialize-instance method) in the CLOS spec? This
method would be called after the instance was orphaned (i.e. all
references destroyed), but before it was garbage-collected.
Obviously, this requires an implementation-dependent hook into the
garbage-collection process. This would allow cleanup of allocated
foreign or system structures, static data resources, etc.