[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
DEFMETHOD automagic references considered random
- To: rsl@ILA.COM
- Subject: DEFMETHOD automagic references considered random
- From: Stephen L Nicoud <email@example.com.COM>
- Date: Mon, 10 Sep 1990 13:28:00 PDT
- Cc: commonloops.PARC@Xerox.com
- In-reply-to: "The message of 10 Sep 90 12:54 PDT from rsl@ILA.COM"
Date: 10 Sep 90 19:54:55 GMT
[description of inconsistencies of UNUSED/IGNORE'd variables in
DEFMETHOD and DOTIMES]
A rather lengthy debate/discussion ensued in late July/eary August when I
broached the subject to the Common Lisp mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org)
of the contradictory behavior of IGNORE declarations in DOTIMES.
I believe a proposal will be made at the next ANSI Common Lisp Committee
(X3J13) meeting which will attempt to address this issue. In the mean
time, you're probably stuck with the inconsistent behavior.
I believe I still have the messages from that discussion and can forward
them to you if you desire.
Stephen L. Nicoud <email@example.com> uw-beaver!bcsaic!snicoud
Boeing Advanced Technology Center for Computer Sciences