[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Is a class object a valid method specializer?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Is a class object a valid method specializer?
- From: email@example.com (Kim Barrett)
- Date: Mon, 18 Mar 91 13:11:08 EST
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: David A. Moon's message of Mon, 18 Mar 91 13:00:20 <9103181811.AA05942@brazil.cambridge.apple.com>
> > >> For example, is (defmethod foo ((x #.(find-class t))) ... ) legal?
> > >
> > > No in 88-002R, yes in ANSI Common Lisp. I don't immediately remember
> > > what cleanup removed the restriction.
> > I don't remember any such cleanup, and searching my online copies of the
> > passed proposals has failed to find one.
> See page 4-15 of X3J13 draft 8.81.
Well, that's pretty unambiguous. I wonder where it came from though. I've
added Kent to the recipients, in case he can shed some light on that question.