[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: draft on inheritance of slots and defclass options
- To: skeene@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- Subject: Re: draft on inheritance of slots and defclass options
- From: Masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: 15 Jan 87 16:00 PST
- Cc: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: Sonya E. Keene <skeene@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>'s message of Thu, 15 Jan 87 11:31 EST
I liked the phrasing
"In general, xs are inherited by subclasses; that is, ..."
You used it
"Methods are inherited by subclasses. That is, a method provided by a
class is applicable ..."
I'd like it
INHERITANCE OF SLOTS
In general, slots are inherited by subclasses. That is, slots defined in
a class are usually also slots in any subclass of that class. The
inheritance of slots depends on ....
- - - - - - - -
I was confused by the organization of defclass options because the
initial set of options were really slot options within a defclass rather
than defclass options.
I see no advantage in spelling out :READER -- ... ;see :ACCESSOR instead
:ACCESSOR, :READER -- These options are not inherited; that is,
subclasses do not ...
Your section says EXAMPLES OF INHERITANCE yet it is a single example.
Rather than packing them all into a single example, it would be much
clearer to give separate examples.