[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
For the Record
- To: common-lisp-object-system@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: For the Record
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Mon, 12 Jan 87 21:26 EST
- In-reply-to: The message of 11 Jan 87 00:01 EST from Dick Gabriel <RPG@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU>
Date: 10 Jan 87 2101 PST
From: Dick Gabriel <RPG@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU>
4. Some potential users have asked me to bring up the subject of
CALL-NEXT-METHOD passing altered arguments to the next method.
This has been disallowed because the next method might get arguments
that don't conform to its parameter qualifiers. Is there further
I think there should be. I've added this to the list of issues on my
whiteboard, whence it will likely migrate to more permanent storage.
However, we may not get to this before the Feb 4 deadline, since there
are more critical things to do first.
Note that the issue of CALL-NEXT-METHOD passing altered arguments to the
next method is very closely connected with the issue of MAKE-METHOD-CALL
passing altered arguments.