[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issues for the CLOS committee to start focussing on
- To: Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- Subject: Re: Issues for the CLOS committee to start focussing on
- From: Danny Bobrow <Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM>
- Date: 8 Jan 87 23:48 PST
- Cc: Common-Lisp-Object-System@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>'s message of Thu, 8 Jan 87 23:25 EST
- Sender: Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM
We need to define quite explicitly the inheritance behavior of
class options and slot options. There should be a table listing
each option and showing how it inherits.
I made a set of suggestions for this. If one of the writers could turn
that into English and find where the holes are, I would be glad to
follow up (I don't have time for extensive writing at the moment).
(Discussion is ongoing, probably almost finished)
What is your belief about the state of this. I made a detailed
Some of the functions in the Functions chapter don't make sense
without the rest of meta-objects. Perhaps it should be reorganized
into two chapters.
I will be trying with Gregor to add as much more of the meta-object
protocol as possible after he gets back at the end of next week. I
would suggest sending it out even if we don't agree on all of it, but
this can wait, pending seeing it.