[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
pcl in release 7
- To: commonloops.pa@Xerox.COM
- Subject: pcl in release 7
- From: HARRIS RICHARD M <HARRISRM@ge-crd.arpa>
- Date: 5 Jan 87 17:22 EST
Date: 5-JAN-1987 17:15
From: Rick Harris
Subject: pcl in release 7
Here is a summary of the things that need to be done to make
the 12/2/86 version of PCL work in release 7.
1. The feature of file attribute lists that causes a file's package
to be created if it does not already exist and the package name
is in parenthesis should not be used, because packages created by
those definitions do not have the common lisp kind of colon mode.
2. IGNORE already has a function definition, it needs to be shadowed.
(PROGN . vars) is preferable to (DECLARE (IGNORE . vars)), because
the declaration will break code that uses any variable in vars.
3. 3600-low patches:
compiler:defoptimizer / compiler:deftransformer
deftransformers happen before macros; defoptimizers happen after macros.
compiler:compile-from-stream - no need to patch this.
compiler:commutative-constant-folder-recurse - definition changes from 6 to 7.
4. The release 7.0 definitions of the following functions must be fixed:
- the macro-expander handles the last subform wrong
- the macro-expander handles the last subform (very) wrong
- see page 13 of Genera 7.0 Issue 2 of the Software Services Technical Bulletin.
- Macros used in the body of these forms are expanded in the wrong environment.