[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: common-lisp-object-system@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: Terminology: lattice
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Sat, 3 Jan 87 18:36 EST
- In-reply-to: The message of 30 Dec 86 00:11 EST from Dick Gabriel <RPG@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU>
Date: 29 Dec 86 2111 PST
From: Dick Gabriel <RPG@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU>
Moon briefly raises the issue of the term ``lattice.'' The class lattice is
not simply a lattice: The local ordering of direct superclasses matters.
However, the class lattice is, then, a lattice with some additional properties.
A quick breeze through my MacLane and Birkoff reveals there is no existing
name for what we have. I believe we can still use the term ``lattice,'' but
the figures Moon mentions ought to be altered as he suggests.
That's OK with me.