[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Various of Danny's Comments
- To: Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- Subject: Re: Various of Danny's Comments
- From: Danny Bobrow <Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM>
- Date: 5 Feb 87 11:21 PST
- Cc: common-lisp-object-system@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>'s message of Thu, 5 Feb 87 00:29 EST
- Sender: Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM
``I vote for (:accessor-prefix) as the right way to say
use the slot-names.''
To quote a famous computer scientist, ``ugh, bletch.''
I don't like this either, since it has nothing to do with
prefixes. We should say what we mean. How about
:writable-instance-variables? Excuse me, I mean :writeable-slots.
This has everything to do with prefix. Its intention is to create from
the slot-names accessors (readers) with names constructed with no
prefix. Gregor tells me we argued this before and decided NIL was the
way to do it. So be it. But not a different class-option.