[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: symbols are not generic functions
- To: DUSSUD%Jenner%ti-csl.csnet@RELAY.CS.NET
- Subject: Re: symbols are not generic functions
- From: Masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: 2 Feb 87 13:37 PST
- Cc: Common-Lisp-Object-System@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: DUSSUD%Jenner%ti-csl.csnet@RELAY.CS.NET's message of 30 Jan 87 11:00:25
that seems awfully complicated for something that is of mainly internal
benefit. Also, it continues to confound the use of symbols vs functions.
The :error-if kinds of keyword arguments are generally a last-resort
technique -- you know if you need them that something is busted.