[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: questions from JEIDA Object Oriented Programming WG
- To: shochi.ishida@NTT-20.ARPA
- Subject: Re: questions from JEIDA Object Oriented Programming WG
- From: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: 30 Jan 87 11:30 PST
- Cc: commonloops.pa@Xerox.COM, ida%todai%NTTLAB.NTT@NTT-20.ARPA
- In-reply-to: toru <shochi.ishida@NTT-20.ARPA>'s message of Wed, 21 Jan 87 10:39:55
Oops I should have answered this message sooner.
At present, we have observed the followings.
baz-a... invalid(symbolics, Vaxlisp,kcl) 1(symbolics),10(kcl)
bar-a... 10(symbolics,Vaxlisp,kcl) 1(symbolics),10(kcl)
foo-a... 10(symbolics,Vaxlisp),1(kcl) 1(symbolics,kcl)
The result you observed with ndefstruct and defstruct are all correct.
ndefstruct with :class class does not define new accessor methods for
inherited slots. You should stop using ndefstruct and start using
defclass in your code and I think you will find this less confusing.
PCL does not handle multi-methods when those arities are
Right, every method on a generic function must have the same number of
required, and optional arguments. In addition, the must all agree about
whether &rest is accepted, and they must all accept the same keywords.