[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
changes made to documentation
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: changes made to documentation
- From: Sonya E. Keene <skeene@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jan 87 16:57 EST
I just wrote new versions of the functions and concepts files.
The major changes I made include:
- Simplified "Defining a Class"
- Added section "Redefining a Class"
- Rewrote Inheritance of Slots
- Fixed description of arguments to DOCUMENTATION
- Made the syntax of options in DEFCLASS stand out better in
the description of each option
- Fleshed out DEFINE-METHOD-COMBINATION to include a description
of each option. Note that these are just one-liners, and the
full syntax is still in the Concepts chapter, as are the examples.
I think this is the best way we can describe this function.
- Rewrote CHANGE-CLASS according to latest proposal
- Added description of CLASS-CHANGED
- Added several See Also fields. For example, you wanted to discuss
- Fleshed out the Introduction to mention what role each function and
macro plays -- that is, I put them into categories. This should
help people put the functions into a context. People at Symbolics
who read the drafts of this were put off by the alphabetic
(contextless) order of functions, so this should solve that
I also made the changes suggested in Moon's message.