[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Inheritance of Methods
- To: common-lisp-object-system@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: Re: Inheritance of Methods
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Fri, 23 Jan 87 14:23 EST
- In-reply-to: <870122-163948-1501@Xerox>
Date: 22 Jan 87 16:40 PST
Here's another alternative which is more
precise than "inheritance of behavior":
"Inheritance of method applicability"
That is, what subclasses inherit from their superclasses is the
applicability of methods to instances of them. In some cases, the class
of more than one argument comes into play, but the share of
responsibility for determining applicability is inherited.