[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Inheritance of Methods
- To: common-lisp-object-system@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: Re: Inheritance of Methods
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Thu, 22 Jan 87 18:59 EST
- In-reply-to: <870122-143844-1217@Xerox>
Date: 22 Jan 87 14:41 PST
From: Danny Bobrow <Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM>
We can say that a subclass inherits methods in the sense that any method
applicable to an instance of a class is also applicable to instances of
any subclass (all other arguments to the method being the same). For
methods that have only one specialized argument, for example the
accessors of a class, we say that subclasses inherit the use of those
methods from the super class.
I agree with this.