[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Rick.Busdiecker@h.cs.cmu.edu
- Subject: Re: initialization
- From: Danny Bobrow <Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM>
- Date: 18 May 87 13:30 PDT
- Cc: CommonLoops.PA@Xerox.COM
- In-reply-to: Rick.Busdiecker@h.cs.cmu.edu's message of 18 May 87 15:47 EDT
- Sender: Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM
After discovering that Initialize is not exported in 4/29/87
prime, I also found that the CLOS spec (87-002) says, on page 1-7,
that ``the initialization protocol of make-instance is not yet
specified.'' Is this still the case? Is it safe/reasonable to
assume that (a) some mechanism will be specified
(b) defining a pcl::initialize method on an object will
continue to work until the initialization protocol is specified?
I would think so.