[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Incorrect CPL calculation in 4-29 Release?
- To: kempf%hplabsc@hplabs.HP.COM
- Subject: Re: Incorrect CPL calculation in 4-29 Release?
- From: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: 15 May 87 15:56 PDT
- Cc: commonloops.pa@Xerox.COM
- In-reply-to: Jim Kempf <kempf%hplabsc@hplabs.HP.COM>'s message of Fri, 15 May 87 15:45:41 pdt
I think you are off by one level of class-of.
If I say (defclass foo () ()), then
(class-precedence-list (class-named 'foo))
wants to be (FOO OBJECT T)
(class-precedence-list (class-of (make-instance 'foo)))
can be '(FOO OBJECT T)
On the other hand,
(class-precedence-list (class-of (class-named 'foo)))
is (CLASS BASIC-CLASS ...)
This last should really be (STANDARD-CLASS CLASS OBJECT T), as you say
in your message but I haven't changed the names in PCL yet.