[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Why in MAKE-INSTANCE not generic?
- To: Jim Kempf <kempf%hplabsc@hplabs.HP.COM>
- Subject: Re: Why in MAKE-INSTANCE not generic?
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Fri, 15 May 87 19:36 EDT
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <8705152014.AA11627@hplabsc>
Date: Fri, 15 May 87 13:14:48 pdt
From: Jim Kempf <kempf%hplabsc@hplabs.HP.COM>
There seems to be a slight discrepency between 87-002 and 87-003 on
this point. 87-002, pg. 2-44 implies that MAKE-INSTANCE is a programmer
interface function, 87-003, pg. 3-7 implies that it is a method
which is part of the metaobject protocol.
As you may have noticed, the protocol for creating objects hasn't been
defined yet. Anything that's in the documents now can't be relied upon.