[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
make-specializable in SCLISP Version 2.0.2
- To: navajo!rcp%MCC.COM@navajo.stanford.edu
- Subject: make-specializable in SCLISP Version 2.0.2
- From: email@example.com (Jon L White)
- Date: Fri, 10 Apr 87 16:03:03 PDT
- Cc: navajo!CommonLoops.pa%Xerox.COM@navajo.stanford.edu
- In-reply-to: Rob Pettengill's message of Fri, 10 Apr 87 11:10:37 CDT
Just a small point about
(defun function-arglist (f)
ARGLIST is external in Lucid's SYSTEM package, so you shouldn't have
to use double colons. The intent is that other packages could "use"
SYSTEM, and thus ARGLIST wouldn't need any package qualification.
It may be that in the future, the ARGLIST function will be an "extensions"
package -- such a notion has been discussed on the Common Lisp mailing
list for some time, and many vendors are planning to ogranize their
extensions into such a place. An example would be Symbolic's use of the
SYMBOLICS-COMMON-LISP package, which a typical package would want to "use"
along with the LISP package.
-- JonL White --