[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Inheritance of Slots
- To: RPG@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: Re: Inheritance of Slots
- From: Danny Bobrow <Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM>
- Date: 11 Mar 87 13:10 PST
- Cc: common-lisp-object-system@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: Dick Gabriel <RPG@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU>'s message of 11 Mar 87 09:13 PST
- Sender: Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM
I think we should leave in the :type descriptor. Since none of
you care about it, let be commune with my compiler and propose a
reasonable thing, which will probably be a variant of what is
currently in the spcification.
I am happy to leave it in if you like it. I thought I had been the only
champion, and I have become decidedly neutral.
Danny, we cannot relegate all matters to the metaobject
protocol, though we could.
Staticizing: Kempf rightly points out that this is a concern.
I thought I had a scheme to do it similar to the scheme for
staticizing function calls, but I'm now not entirely sure of it. I
hope to rethink it today, but for the moment, Kempf, suffice it to
say I am sympathetic to your concerns.
What is your belief about how sticizing ought to be communicated -- and
what price should one be willing to pay for changing one's mind.