[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Another try on object creation
- To: Common-Lisp-Object-System@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: Re: Another try on object creation
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Thu, 3 Sep 87 21:38 EDT
- In-reply-to: <870903-141438-10242@Xerox>
Date: 3 Sep 87 14:14 PDT
From: Danny Bobrow <Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM>
Another question. What happens if a method is invoked with a named
argument that it is not prepared to receive? Is it a run-time error?
It is easy to construct examples where this could happen.
I'll answer the rest of your message later, because I want to think a bit,
but the answer to this question is that functions defined with defmethod
receive their arguments in exactly the same way as functions defined with
defun. So it does whatever CLtL says and the implementation implements.