[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Miscellaneous decisions taken or to be taken
- To: Common-Lisp-Object-System@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: Re: Miscellaneous decisions taken or to be taken
- From: Patrick H Dussud <DUSSUD%Jenner%ti-csl.csnet@RELAY.CS.NET>
- Date: Wed, 29 Jul 87 11:21:02 CDT
- In-reply-to: Msg of Mon, 27 Jul 87 22:46 EDT from "David A. Moon" <Moon@scrc-stony-brook.arpa>
10 June 87 There was no response when Sonya mailed out a writeup for how
the standard type classes are organized. Does that mean we agreed on that?
I agree with it.
p1-12 Should defclass be allowed to change the metaclass of an existing
class? Under what conditions should a subclass of standard-class have
the same properties wrt instance updating as standard class?
Kempf says you shouldn't be allowed to change the metaclass, I think
because existing interfaces might not be transformable.
Gregor says the metaclass protocol includes a predicate function
that controls this.
I agree with Gregor.