[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Category Errors
- To: common-lisp-object-system@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: Re: Category Errors
- From: Patrick H Dussud <DUSSUD%Jenner%ti-csl.csnet@RELAY.CS.NET>
- Date: Fri, 24 Jul 87 15:23:01 CDT
- In-reply-to: Msg of Fri, 24 Jul 87 14:33 EDT from "David A. Moon" <Moon@scrc-stony-brook.arpa>
STANDARD-CLASS does not support metaclass specific methods like
CLASS-PROTOTYPE, METACLASS-CLASS does.
This part, however, won't work. As I understand it, CLASS-PROTOTYPE has
to work on all classes, because of the way the generic function dispatching
in the initialization protocol is going to work. We still haven't nailed
down the initialization protocol, but I think the part of it we all seem
to agree on already requires all classes to have a prototype.
This is true, I forgot about it when I wrote this part.