[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Metaclass Protocol Goals
- To: kempf%hplabsz@hplabs.HP.COM
- Subject: Re: Metaclass Protocol Goals
- From: Danny Bobrow <Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM>
- Date: 9 Jul 87 19:03 PDT
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: Jim Kempf <kempf%hplabsz@hplabs.HP.COM>'s message of Thu, 9 Jul 87 13:30:59 pdt
- Sender: Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM
Patrick>- It should be possible to access some exposed slots of a
object >without side-effect.
Jim> I agree with this, but I think it might be difficult to achieve
It is not difficult to document for CLOS. If a package adds behavior to
CLOS, then a user of that package should document its behavior. This is
not a matter for program control -- just for social control.