[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Can defgeneric provide defaults for &key args
- To: Common-Lisp-Object-System@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: Can defgeneric provide defaults for &key args
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Fri, 2 Oct 87 13:33 EDT
- In-reply-to: <871001-105240-3994@Xerox>, <9427.560191962@hplabsz>
We went through this issue at enormous length about a year ago, maybe a
little less than a year. I expect you can find the rationale for the
way generic function argument defaulting is now specified in the mail
archives. If we had maintained a Design Rationale document as we said
we would, it would be in there too.
I, for one, don't feel eager to repeat that lengthy discussion again.