[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Can defgeneric provide defaults for &key args
- To: Danny Bobrow <Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM>
- Subject: Re: Can defgeneric provide defaults for &key args
- From: kempf%hplabsz@hplabs.HP.COM
- Date: Fri, 02 Oct 87 10:52:42 MDT
- Cc: Common-Lisp-Object-System@sail.stanford.edu
- In-reply-to: Your message of 01 Oct 87 10:52:00 -0700. <871001-105240-3994@Xerox>
> I don't think the rules allow a default value to be specified for a
> keyword argument in defgeneric now, even though all methods must accept
> such keys? Should it be allowed to support a uniform default?
Was there some reason why defaults shouldn't be allowed, other than
the case where two different methods would have two different defaults?
Offhand, I can't think of any reason why a uniform default shouldn't